Waiting... It's definitely not something that comes easily for anyone but it's one of my biggest struggles. I find myself getting more agitated as the minutes tick by. The leg starts moving, I start fidgeting, and my mood starts to sour. I feel this way sitting in the doctor's office, at red lights, waiting for my kids to finish their chores, etc.
Lately the Lord has been showing me that I get agitated and impatient with him. Little ole me. The sinner getting inpatient with her redeemer. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy for me to admit it. It took several slammed doors in my face, many days spent crying over said "plans", and several devotional lessons before I started listening.
The more I realize it, the more aware I am of the teaching he is doing in my life. He is really driving the point that he knows BEST and that his timing is perfect. When each one of us is supposed to take action, he will give each of us clear instructions. He has the perfect plan for each of us but it is in his perfect timing. That is not to say that we won't face opposition within his perfect plan. We always will but the Lord will provide for his people. So go ahead, take a seat and wait on his timing. Pray for the patience and pray for the willingness to take action when he does. He will do great things in your life when you give him the control and become his servant. If you are like me and need some music, John Waller's While I'm Waiting song may be just what you're looking for.
Love that song! I have definitely done my share of waiting. Rest assured whatever God has planned is worth the wait <3
ReplyDelete