Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Life Changes

Life has a funny way of changing on you when you least expect it.

A few months ago, Nathan finally started working on first shift and Jacob started preschool on the same day. We were starting to get into a great routine until Nathan got hurt on the job. This shook me to the core.

That day was horrendous to begin with. Nathan wasn't having a good day at work and Owen was being noncomplaint with everything. It was a day that I had spent in prayer. Praying for Nathan, praying for Owen to settle down, praying for the rest of the kids, and praying that we all would make it to 3 when Nathan would arrive home. So when I got the text at 1230 stating Nathan was in the ER because he crushed his fingers, my doubt began and my anger arose. We won't go through the rest but we will leave it at it wasn't a good day or week.
Since then we have seen the positives but that first day it felt like everything was crumbling.
Nathan didn't break anything despite his fingers literally being crushed in a conveyor system. He will be only working 40 hours for at least 6 more weeks while he completes therapy (better than 6 days a week) His sprained ankle from the beginning of the winter is finally healing. We have gotten closer and have had to trust each other more.

The most important thing was realizing my foundation in the Lord isn't as strong as I thought it was. It withstood this shake but there were times I didn't think it would. The anger and confusion I felt during this time was consuming me. I took care of the kids and my husband's needs but that was it.

Now its time to continue to rebuild a strong foundation and learn to trust that his plan for my life is so much bigger than the here and now. Even when we don't understand everything in life, we can trust that he does. He has a plan for each one of us that believe and trust him. Jeremiah 29:11


1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Becca! <3 You can do this, and God is with you every step of the way. I'm proud of you, you are amazing <3 Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete