Many days I skipped fruits and vegetables and choose chips, ice cream, popcorn, etc. At the end of the night I would skip a workout and instead eat a late snack in my bed while watching movies. I would often choose soda or coffee instead of water. Then at the end of the night I would down cups of water to try to help my body flush out all the crap I ate and drank.
For this reason I am letting this 21 day fix round go. This weekend I am going to use it to reset. I am going to reteach myself how to say no to late night snacking and choose my fruits and vegetables. I am going to say no to coffee and replace it with water. In the morning I will allow myself one cup of tea.
The reason I am posting this is to reiterate the point that we all have excuses. We all have reasons that we let ourselves go and sometimes we choose to wallow in them. There is a way we can all feel the emotions that we are feeling and not act out that emotion.
For me this past few weeks have been overwhelming. From my kids, to my family, my husband's family, the expectations of the holidays, and every day life have completely drained me. It has left me going through the motions of life. Today I am choosing to live. I am choosing to make changes. I am choosing me and my well-being. There are no more putting it off until tomorrow. There are only todays.
amen! Working on this myself! This week I am working to make healthier choices- start cooking again and stop choosing convenience junk foods :P I realize I need to start taking care of me. So I can be strong to take care of my children. So yesterday I ran, this morning I got up and exercised. I put on make up and jewelry and heels because they make me feel good about myself =) <3 Thank you for all your love and support. Lifting you in prayer today <3
ReplyDelete