This past week I continually pressed play.
I pressed play when I didn't want to.
I kept going as tears poured down my face.
I pressed play at the first sign of bruising.
I pressed play when my entire body was exhausted.
I pressed play day after day.
Even as Week 2 started today, I pressed play. I tried not to cry since my little boys were home. I still used modifications. In the shower I noticed the bruises. Bruises on my thighs, arms, calves, and back I knew the program was too much. I knew I hadn't hit all those places. I couldn't continue to press play for another two weeks and bruise continually. After some more tears, I put 21 Day Fix Extreme on the back burner for now.
I pressed play for a second time today and completed Total Body Cardio fix for the 21 Day Fix plan. I am excited. I was tired and still modified on one exercise but the difference was that I felt a good sore. Not a sore that was going to inhibit the rest of my day.
Listen to your body. Don't allow your feelings of inadequacy or weakness to continue to push you. I was on a path that was going to lead to injury. One day I will be ready for the program but for now I will focus on becoming healthier.
You inspire me <3
ReplyDelete